araalinusa: r da godz payin' attention?

Crazy as it might seem, I'm back in NW Florida: home, (bitter) sweet home. This is only a temporary gig, so I'm tryin' to make the most of it. Fun times...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Stars Are Blind



It is time for this year's BET Awards. They are scheduled for this Tuesday, 27th of June. I'm pulling for Ne-Yo. So Sick.

What is up with their ads for this year's show?

It's all in the stars

Come on. Couldn't we be a little more clever than that? Seeing the commercial on television last week took me back to 1987 and my campaign for student council present of my elementary school. My campaign slogan as an 11 year-old candidate was: It's in the stars: Timothy for President! As clever as I was, on my poster, I spelled my name using metallic star stickers.

Did I win? No! I was beaten by Bryan Butts.

(Just a little note: By the time the election arrived, my campaign manager, Erin Oliver (also 11 years old), scrapped my It's in the stars... idea and came up with the jingle:

Don't be droopie.
Be like Snoopy.
Vote for Tim.
You'll like him.

How could I have lost?)

It makes me wonder who came up for the ad campaign for the 2006 BET Awards. Did I go to school with him/her in the sixth grade? Hmmm...

A big BOO! goes out to BET for choosing such a lame slogan for this year's awards. It sure does not make we want to tune in on Tuesday. Instead it makes me want to pull out old year books and reflect on 1987.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    in a related story, i'm going to just come right out and say that i don't think paris hilton's "stars are blind" song is that bad, as far as over-produced pop songs go. so there. judge me if you want. (with that said, i also have a hard time believing that she is actually singing it)

    still haven't gotten anyone to work for me during the weekend in question. grrrr!

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger nicolegail said…

    Tim Tim, I think you should run for president of the United States! Seriously! Just do it! And I think you should stick with the same campaign slogan. It may not have worked for you back then, but it sounds like a winner now!

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How could a 6th grader not vote for somebody named Butts? It just gave them a reason to be able to chant it.

    Now if you would've changed your name to Tim Dickey...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home